Thursday, September 7, 2017

Wednesday September 6, 2017

Blog time 1000 at Panera:

Today is my easy Wednesday.  Up at 0630 and did my reduced calisthenics at home because I was waiting until 0800 so I could contact my Myasthenia Gravis doctor.

Nancy headed out at 0730 for MVP.  She is taking an aerobic class.

Called the Doctor’s office and told them of my problem chewing, talking and swallowing.  The receptionist said the earliest I could get in was mid-October.  I told her that was unacceptable.   Gave her my cell number and told her to call me after she talked with Dr. Santos.

Biked to Panera and had my standard oatmeal breakfast.  I got a call from the Doctor’s office and I have a 1500 appointment today.  Yelling works!

Read in the Alpena News that an AHS classmate of mine had passed.  Len Zolnierek was in several of my classes and very likable.  He had a rare condition called Myelodysplastic Syndrone.  Rest In Peace Len.

Some snippets from London papers:

Riots in Indonesia over Burma’s treatment of Rohingya Muslims.

An English School has banned girl’s skirts.  They want students to wear trousers because they are gender neutral and won't hurt trans gender folks.  PC gone amuck!

On this date in 1620 the Mayflower left for the New World.

Eleven US States are larger in land area than the UK.  Michigan is one of the states.

Got home from Panera about 1100.  Dropped off back pack and then took a 10 mile bike ride.  

Nancy is working at the Gardens this afternoon.

At home I showered, had a quick lunch before doing a load of laundry and taking out the trash.  1430 drove to Dr Santos office for my 1500 appointment.  Dr Santos checked me over and said both the double vision and slurred speech are myasthenia gravis related.  I am back on my medication for MG.  Tomorrow I will get some blood work done.

Last night we had twelve turkeys and four sand hill cranes in the back yard, a great sight.

Light dinner and then my after dinner chores before walking around the block.
We both watched an episode of The Heart Guy before Nancy turned in.  I stayed up and watched another episode of Rake.

Beautiful full moon the last two nights.  I think it is called a Harvest Moon.  Noted some maple trees beginning to show color.  







No comments: