Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Tuesday September 26, 2017

Blog time 1050 at Panera:

Last day of warm weather.  High today is predicted to be 90 but tomorrow we barely get in the 70s.  I like the warm weather but agree we badly need rain.

Today is Nancy’s swim day so she wasted no time getting ready.  I left at 0800.  This time of year the morning sun is low in the eastern sky.  It is blinding so sunglasses are needed.  The condos in our area were known as a great place to retire.  That has changed as the condos have turned over.  School buses are now busy in the area.

Summary of today's new:

Trump and NFL are not playing nice.  It is a no win contest for anyone.  It is my opinion that not standing for the national anthem disrespects the flag.  I think most my fellow veterans would agree.  I have lost all interest in professional sports.  

Why has the GOP kept trying to repeal the ACA when they don’t have the votes?  They spend all this time on the ACA but no action on infrastructure or taxes.  Keystone cops!!

The Kurds in Iraq are voting today to create an independent county.  It looks like it is going to pass despite opposition from USA and others.  Turkey said they will cut off the Kurd’s petroleum oil pipeline through Turkey.  Oil is the lifeblood of the Kurds.  Stay tuned!

It was near 90 when I left Panera.  As soon as I got home took a walk around the block.  Quick lunch and then some housekeeping chores including ironing three pair of khakis.  Took a 30 minutes nap.  

Nancy and I left home about 1630.  Tonight we attended an Albion College Alumni get together at the Downtown Market.  Drinks, snacks and a chance to look at some Art Prize Exhibits at the Market.  We figured about 50 folks attended.

At home I took my evening walk.  I will have to start taking a flashlight because sunset is now at 1929.  It was dark when I got home.


We watched NCIS and Bull before heading to bed.

No comments: