Monday, September 11, 2017

Sunday September 10, 2017

Blog time 1700 sitting on deck

Alarm goes off at 0630.  It was pitch black when I took Ms P out.  

Since my MG has returned I must eat breakfast first thing.  I need something in my stomach after taking the pills.  We head out at 0745 for the Y.  On Sunday it takes us only five minutes to get to the Y. 

Nancy swam and I did my modified exercise routine.  We head straight home to leave our stuff off before heading to Trinity Lutheran.  Trinity starts its normal four service schedule.  Today we attended the 1000 Celebration Service.  I like this service.  It is held in their community room and is very informal.  Words to Hymns are flashed on screen as are the prayers.  Free coffee, a band and most folks are in jeans.  Today’s Homily was very good.  Tomorrow is the anniversary of the September 11 attack on NYC.  Pastor Dan talked of helping, forgiving and peace.  Good sermon.

We stopped at Meijer's on our way home.  I filled up but forgot to check on gas price.  At home I took a walk around the block and then had lunch.  

Took my mandatory Sunday nap.  I did watch several minutes of the Lions game.  They were behind when I turned the TV off.  Good to see they got a win.  Is it my age or disappointment over all the money involved in sports that I have lost interest in watching?

Nancy and I took Ms P on a short nature walk.  Beautiful day for a walk.  I love our big green backyard.  Watching the deer, turkeys, sand hill cranes and other small critters have provided many hours of enjoyment.

Missy face timed us from the Boat Club at Marina Del Rey.  She and AJ were at the club’s ice cream social.  Nancy and I think Missy make a great decision in joining the Boat Club.


Nancy is fixing her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner tonight. We will read the GRP, watch 60 minutes and maybe a netflix show before turning in. 

No comments: