Thursday, July 6, 2017

Wednesday July 5, 2017

Blog time 0936 at Panera

Another nice sunny day in GR. This is normally a Breakfast Club Wednesday but today’s meeting was cancelled because many folks are out of town.

Nancy headed out to a class at MVP early this morning. She is working at the Garden’s this afternoon.

I got on the single speed and headed to Panera for an oatmeal breakfast. After breakfast I will go on a nice long ride.

Did you know that head lice is most prevalent among youngsters that take group cell phone photos. Apparently putting heads together to get the group photo facilitates the spread. This important news from the U.K.

I think I have commented on how much I like my 12” iPad Pro. The clarity of the screen is amazing, especially when viewing photos. I also bought an Apple Pencil to use with the ipad. I have been experimenting with drawing using the pencil. It works great.

The US is not the only country worried about Russian election hacking. Germany and several other EU countries have upcoming 2017 elections and they are worried about Russian hacking. Isn’t there an easy way to put an end to this intrusion?

3/5 of nonworking men are on Federal disability benefits. Men able to work should be given an incentive to get them back to work.

After Panera I headed home dropped off my backpack and headed out on a bike ride. My ride today included several big hills. I was testing the single speed’s ability to get up these hills. No problems!

My single speed has a gear ratio of 2.1. The higher the ratio the further you travel with a single revolution of the pedals. Of course it take more energy. To negotiate today’s hill using my Bad Boy I need a gear ratio 1.2. I could not make it up these hills using a GR of 2.1 on the Bad Boy. I think tire width and air pressure make a big difference. Tire pressure on the single speed is 110 psi. On the Bad Boy it is 60 psi. The ride today was 16 miles.

My last activity before lunch was a walk around the block. Showered and then had lunch. This afternoon I did two loads of laundry and ironed several pair of khakis.

Nancy said the Gardens was crowded this afternoon.

Light dinner then watched the news, took a short walk before watching an Agatha Raisin mystery on Acorn. Nancy went to bed early so I watched a western on Netflix.

It is summer so I don’t have to ask folks if they achieved their 30 minutes outside. Right?




No comments: