Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wednesday January 20, 2016

Blog started at 1750: Breakfast Club Wednesday and I was late leaving this morning. It was snowing when I left and the traffic lines were snow covered making travel difficult. I was 10 minutes late. Small turnout this morning. I think it was weather related. Today's speaker was from Legal Aid of West MI. He gave a good talk on the mission of Legal Aid. After BC I drove to the Y. I did my normal routine only at 50%. I did run 1.6 miles. Drove to Panera. The WSJ is still talking about the Flint water crisis. Can we blame China for the stock markets decline? I hear so many conflicting views. What about the price of oil! What is wrong with cheap oil? Nancy is working at the Gardens this afternoon. Wednesday I have to collect and take out the trash. I took Ms P out in our big back yard. The snow was too deep for her. She stayed out about 15 minutes. Got a call from our next door neighbor, Sonya, that her garage door opener was not working. The door was stuck in the up position. After lunch I checked out Sonya's door and cleaned the sensors. It worked. I am a hero. Took a short nap and then took our absentee ballots and check for our winter property taxes to Cascade Township. Total distance walked was three miles. On my walk the sun came out. At this time of year it is only a tiny spot in the southern sky. It has little warmth. We had a light dinner and now are watching Jeopardy. We will watch the Mysteries of Laura and then a hour Netflix show. Table talk at today's BC was what folks did in the 40s and 50s on cold winter's night. I said in Alpena folks played cards, listened to the radio, read a book or bowled. Do you know anyone who belongs to a bowling team? I got my 30 in today.

No comments: