Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday January 10, 2016

Weekend update: Saturday January 9, 2016: Today Nancy and I walked to Panera for breakfast. It is suppose to rain and snow all day so I put on my raincoat. We had oatmeal and bagels. After breakfast Nancy walked home and I took a walk. It had not yet started to snow/rain so I wanted to get a walk in before the rain/snow. I walked 3.5 miles. A gloomy Saturday is a good day to run errands. We all piled into the Taurus and headed out. First stop was Art Van Furniture. We want a small chair to put in our entry hall so we can sit down and take off our boots. I think the proper name for this chair is a Parson’s Chair. We found one and will pick it up on Monday. Next we headed to Cabela’s. They were having a big sale. The place was jammed. I bought a pair of lined jeans and a fleece henley. Nancy bought a pair of shoes. At home I had a quick lunch and then we got back in the Taurus and headed to Walmart. Returned some bottles and bought some small grocery items. I took a short nap and then paid bills and cleaned my desk. I am finally caught up on my paperwork. Nancy fixed me tamales and rice and beans for dinner. Watched some football but both games were not very interesting. We watched an episode of Foyle’s War on netflix. Debbie face timed us this evening and we talked for 45 minutes. Love Face Time. It started raining in late afternoon and snow is predicted for tonight. Winter Storm Warnings are up. Sunday January 10, 2016: I set the alarm for 0650. We had snow last night and the temp was 24. Nancy did not go swimming today but I headed to the Y. Surprise the swimming pool at 0800 was empty. I swam 750 yards. Stopped for gas on my way home. Gas was $1.81 today. Picked up Nancy and we headed to Meijer’s for weekly supplies. Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs this morning. I had mine on a waffle. Read the Sunday funnies and the sports page before taking my nap. Does anyone under 70 read the funny papers? Ms P has not been outside since Friday. We put a coat on her and headed out. It lasted about 10 minutes. I took a 2.5 mile walk. Winds were near 20mph this afternoon which means wind chills were in single digits. Walking into the wind was terrible but very pleasant with the wind at my back. It is now 1750. Nancy is fixing chicken noodle soup for dinner. Great for a cold winter’s night. I got my 30 in today I hope you did too.

No comments: