Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday January 24, 2016

Weekend update: Sunday @1545 Saturday morning cold, 19, and cloudy, Nancy and I walked to the new Panera. Panera is still having growing pains. They has trouble getting our order right. Nancy did the laundry and ran some errands. I spent quite a bit time working in my office. It was warm enough to take Ms P on a 1.25 mile walk. After her walk I walked 2.5 miles. Took a short nap. At 1600 we got in the Taurus and headed downtown. We are going to attend a Pop Concert at DeVos Performance Center. The concert will highlight the music of Louie Armstrong. We had dinner at Flanagan's. We both had a burger. The concert was very good. At Intermission we met our old neighbor, Jack Lensink. We agreed to meet at Reserve, a Wine Bar, on Monroe near the Amway. First time at Reserve and we found it very nice but pricey. We had a nice talk with Jack. Jack lived across the street from us on Mackinaw. Headed right to bed when we got home. Sunday: Swim day at the Y and we left at 0745 and were in the pool by 0805. Only three folks in the pool a big difference from MVP. After the Y we stopped at Meijer's. Gas was $1.57 today. We bought our weekly supplies. Stopped at Panera to get Nancy a Hazelnut coffee. On Panera's first day they gave the first 200 customers free coffee for a month. I used our free coffee pass. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I did some chores and read the funnies before taking my Sunday nap. After the nap I took Ms P on her daily walk. It was cool enough that we put a coat on her. I finished the afternoon with a solo two mile walk. Watched some of the Denver/NE game before dinner. Nancy fixed black bean soup and hot dogs for dinner. Reruns on 60 minutes so we are now watching Broadchurch on Netflix. Next I hope to watch Doc Martin. I got my 30 in today did you?

No comments: