Saturday, January 30, 2016

Thursday January 29, 2016

Time 1800: For the first time in what seems like weeks the sun was out when I left for the Y. Temperature was 24. My Achilles is still acting up so after calisthenics I rowed 2K. The Y has four new rowing machines. I talked to several new Y members who have left MVP. They all like the new Y. Pleasant walk to Panera. The new Panera is having some growing pains. They are still trying to hire staff. I think success has created several problems. They are always running out of popular food items like bagels. The parking lot is undersized. They have an option of leasing space from an adjacent office building. I do not care if Donald Trump boycotted the Iowa debate. If fact I am tired already of the Presidential primaries. Speaking of primaries, Nancy and I got our absentee ballots for the MI primary. The stock market goes up and stock market goes down all because of China or the Japanese Central Bank or maybe the EUCB and finally the low price of oil. I still don't know the downside of low gas prices? With bright sunshine I took Ms P on a 1.25 mile walk. Nancy made me put her jacket on. After a quick lunch we all got in the Taurus and headed to Trader Joe's. I think Trader Joe's has the same problem as Panera, they underestimated their popularity. The store is too small as is the parking lot. We bought wine, bread and frozen Shepard's Pie and French onion soup. I took a quick nap. It is now 1833 and we are getting ready to attend a function at GR Art Museum. 2200: The exhibit at the Art Museum was pottery from the Sophie Newcomb School in New Orleans from the early 1900s. It was very interesting. We enjoyed the wine and snacks provided by the GRAM. I was surprised at the number of folks Nancy and I knew. We had a hard time getting in the parking ramp. We had to park on top floor. Downtown was booming tonight. Hockey game, car show and of course the GRAM show were all going on. Some folks were ice skating at the Rosa Park outdoor ice rink. It was great to see.

No comments: