Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday February 23, 2014

We got up at 0700 this morning. When Ms P and I went out the sun was just starting to rise. It looks like another nice winter's day. The expected high today is 25. The average high for this date is 36 and the low is 21. Our cold continues. For the next week the highs will not get out of the teens. Our days are getting longer. Today we have 11 hours of daylight. We can expect 12 on March 21 and 15 on June 21. The pool was crowded today. Every lane had two swimmers. Nancy and I shared a lane. I swam my normal 1,500 meters. After the swim we headed to Meijer's. Gas today was $3.65. That is $0.20 more than yesterday. Nancy loaded up on grapes today. Most of our fruit comes from South America. It is good to have fresh fruit in the winter. In my boyhood fresh fruit was not available in winter. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I read a section of the paper and then took my Sunday nap. I slept through the UM/MSU game. UM won. It is now 1600 and as soon as I finish this blog I am going on a 2.5 mile walk. Nancy is fixing sloppy joe's for dinner. We will watch the news and read the GRP. We will end the evening with another episode of Inspector Lewis. Are we predictable? This date in 1938, Ossineke, Mi. Great grandfather Sanborn wrote that they had just received over 6 inches of snow. The temp was 28 all day. GGF Sanborn was a business man who dabbled in real estate. Today he sold some timber land to a man called Brilinski. He recorded it in his ledger, page 179.

No comments: