Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday February 17, 2014

It was cold this morning, 15. When I was young the only time we got off from school after New Year's was Good Friday and Easter Monday. That's all. Now in addition to spring break schools also have what is known as the mid-winter break. East Grand Rapids has a week mid-winter break. Most other schools might have a 4 day weekend. Today when I went for my coffee at the Hall Street Bakery the place was crowded with school kids and their parents. I asked what gives and was told it is mid-winter break. Today is President's Day so no WSJ because the stock market was closed. Despite all the kids at MVP I did not have to share a lane. After my swim I stopped at Macatawa Bank and purchased some dollar coins. I always pay for my coffee with the dollar coins. In fact I think the mint should stop printing dollar bills. I also think they should stop minting pennies. Pennies are a pain. The weather folks say a major winter storm is coming our way this afternoon. They predict 3 to 5 inches. After lunch I took a quick nap so I would be fresh to shovel snow. The Weather service was right at 1500 we had received about 3 inches. The Gold Medal snow shoveling team of Nancy and Bob headed out at 1500 and cleared the walks. It was very cold and the snow was continuing to fall. Ms P came out for about 15 minutes but she soon wanted to go in. Age is catching up with her. It took us about an hour to clear the walks. I plan on going out about 1900 to shovel again. It is easier to shovel 3 inches than waiting until we have 5 inches. We are having a light dinner. We will watch some olympics and maybe a Netflix show before heading upstairs. We have to be fresh to finish shoveling tomorrow morning.

No comments: