Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday February 14, 2014

Happy St. Valentine's Day. In elementary school we use to exchange Valentine cards. I think each card cost about $0.02 each. You would exchange with everyone in your class. It was fun to spend any evening going over cards to see if perhaps a card from some girl in your class had a special meaning. Never happened! I think about this time of year we also had a dance called the "Sadie Hawkins". Sadie Hawkins was a character from the Lil Abner comic strip. For this dance the girls invited the boys. It was not a formal dance like a prom. I think everyone dressed as Hillbillys. I went to several and had fun. Winter continues. I went out at 0600 and had to shovel a thin layer of snow. I had my coffee at Hall St Bakery. I only have an hour so I cannot finish the WSJ. I really felt good in the pool today but my time was about the same as always. The plows had come through and blocked our driveway entrance. I spent some time removing this snow. I took the C2 to the Chevy dealer to get an oil change. I also got the car washed. After a short nap I drove Nancy to Meijer's to get some sale items. I finished the afternoon with a 2.5 mile walk. Tonight Nancy is fixing chili and pork sandwiches. We plan on watching a movie on Netflix. Valentine's Day in Ossineke, Michigan 1938. Great Grandfather Sanborn reported that it was colder and they received 2" of snow overnight. Recent rains had caused flooding in southern Mi and Cheboygan.

No comments: