Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesday December 15, 2010

Ms P and I headed outside at 0430. On these cold mornings she continues to set speed records. The alarm went off at 0545. This is breakfast club morning. I left at 0630 and it was very cold and pitch black. This morning the speaker was the head of Calvin College's January series. The January series brings noted speakers to Calvin to talk about their area of expertise. They bring in 15 speakers. The lectures are free.

After breakfast club I head home and pick up Ms P and head for the bank, post office and Kava House for a quick coffee. I started writing Christmas cards and got two done before Nancy came home. At 1030 Nancy and I got in the Taurus and headed for Stanton, Michigan. We are attending a surprise retirement party for my friend, Tom Mayan. The party was well attended and I got to see folks from Montcalm, Gratiot and Clinton County. Tom's wife, Dorothy and two sons also attended. The lunch included: Swiss steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, coleslaw, rolls, and several great desserts. Tom was surprised. It was a very successful lunch.

I was yawning on my way home so Nancy suggested that I take a nap. I always follow Nancy's advice so I took a nap. After the nap I took a 30 minute walk. Walking was kinda tough because the sidewalks were all icy. The forecast said we will have below normal temps for the next week. I don't mind the temps but the slippery walks is another story.

We had a light dinner and I read the GRP. At 1930 I came upstairs and finished my Christmas cards. Yes folks Bob writes Christmas cards. It is now 2030 and I will head downstairs and take Ms P out and maybe watch some TV.

No comments: