Saturday, December 4, 2010

Friday December 3, 2010

I had too many fancy desserts last night. I did not sleep too well. I got up at 0530 to take Ms P out and found out that Nancy had already taken her out. I had my fiber drink and pill and went back to bed. I finally got up at 0718. It did not snow last night but the street were not clear so instead of riding my bike I walked to the MAC. After the MAC I walked to the Kava House. I got home about 1300.

I had an apple and then Nancy and I headed to Costco. At Costco we sampled their goodies and purchased some supplies. I bought a pair of lined pants, some contact lens supplies, Listerine and a case of Bell's Winter White Ale. I also purchased a hot dog. On our way home we stopped by the LMCU so Nancy could get some cash. Since I walked/ran 8.5 miles today I thought I deserved a nap. I took a short nap and then played on the computer until it was time to go to the OHNA TGIF.

The TGIF was well attended. I had the opportunity to talk to a lot of neighbors. Did you know that Wally Pipp lived on Giddings? Do you know who Wally Pipp was?

The gentlemen who own the home where the TGIF was held have beautiful wood floors. They said as soon as they bought the home they removed the carpeting. I asked if they sanded and finished the wood themselves. They said no, a contractor was hired. In fact the consensus of other folks who were listening was always hire a professional. I will tell Missy this advice. Missy removed her carpets and the wood floor looks great but they still need to be sanded and finished.

I think yesterday was the first time this winter season that the temperature stayed below freezing all day. I am quickly getting into my winter mode.

No comments: