Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Monday December 13, 2010

As soon as I opened the door at 0500 I knew that today is going to be the coldest day of the year. Ms P also knew because she only walked about 10 steps and then headed back to the door. Nancy and I had to shovel the drive and walk. Luckily the snow was light and fluffy. After shoveling I put on several layers and started walking to the MAC. I had the wind at my back so the wind chill did not bother me. However, I had too many layers on so I was sweating 1.5 miles into the 2.5 mile walk. I have to figure out how to dress on these cold mornings.

I rowed 5K this morning. This is the first time since June 17 that I have tried this distance. I had no pain. I think I will be back to normal by the middle of January. Instead of walking to the Kava House I had my morning coffee at Starbuck in the Breton Village D&W. After coffee I walked home. By taking coffee at the Breton Village I get home 35 minutes sooner than going to the Kava House. Walking is very time consuming.

Nancy attended a luncheon in Rockford this noon. I ate a quick lunch and then headed upstairs to the office. About 1600 I took a break and walked to the post office to mail Nancy's Christmas cards. The wind had died down so the walk was enjoyable. In fact it was a beautiful winter's day. The sun was out all day. Sunshine makes a day enjoyable.

I just talked to Debbie. She said she was swamped with work. It appears Apple makes money by overworking their employees. Debbie did say that she bought a new Apple laptop. She has not taken it out of the box.

Today is meatless Monday so I had cereal for dinner. Missy skyped us tonight. Skyping is a good way to stay in touch. We watched Hardball and House and at 2100 headed to bed. I did take Ms P out before coming upstairs. She does not dilly-dally on these cold nights.

No comments: