Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday December 12, 2010

Ms P overslept this morning. When I got up with her I thought it was 0500. It was really 0600. Ms P did not stay out very long because it was snowing. Nancy and I went out about 0700 and shoveled the drive and walk. It was a heavy, wet snow, sometimes called a cardiac snow. We both swam 45 minutes this morning. For the first time in 6 months I was able to do the crawl. I did several laps with little pain.

We did not go to Meijer's this morning. I did let Nancy off and headed to the Kava House to get us each a coffee. I also filled the Taurus. Gas was $2.90 per gallon.

Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs for breakfast. I had three eggs because they were large and not jumbo. After reading the funnies I headed upstairs to take my Sunday nap. After the nap I took Ms P on a walk around the block.

The weather is getting worse. The temperature at 0700 was 32⁰ and at 1700 it is 20⁰. It is also snowing hard. However, the weather did not stop me from taking a 3.5 mile walk.

Nancy is fixing a crab salad for dinner tonight. We will watch 60 minutes, read the GRP and probably head for bed about 2100.

I just checked the long term average mean temperature for December 12. It is 29⁰. From January 11 to January 31 the average mean temperature is flat lined at 22⁰. This is the coldest time of the year.

We have 9H04' of daylight today. The sun did not come out so it is real gloomy. That is why it is so important to get outside 30' on these gloomy days. I got my 30 in did you?

No comments: