Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday December 16, 2010

I did not get up at 0500 as I usually do. When I did get up at 0630 Nancy had already taken Ms P out. It was 9⁰ when I left for the MAC. It was also very dark. I stopped to mail my Christmas card when I decided to check each letter to see if I forgot anything. I forgot to put a stamp on 2 cards. Another good reason to always check. After the MAC I walked over to the Starbucks at D&W and got a coffee and read the DFP and WSJ.

The DFP this morning exploded with several articles on a Federal indictment of the ex-mayor, his father and several buddies and contractors. Kilpatrick, father and son, milked the city for millions. The DFP had a field day with several articles on the grand jury deliberations and the strength of the Fed's case. It looks pretty convincing that father and son will do some hard time. They did not indict the ex-mayor's mother, Representative Kilpatrick.

The WSJ had an article on rare earth minerals. These minerals are needed for most green energy propulsion units. China has 95% of the known reserves. The USA did have a Ca mine but it was closed because of China selling the minerals at a cheap price. Now it appears that China will limit export or charge a premium. Folks are worried so they hope to get the CA mine reopened. It usually takes 7 years to go through the permitting process. All the goo-goo mush heads try and delay any mine. However, it looks that there is enough pressure that the mine will open sooner.

My walk home from D&W was very pleasant. The sun was out and temperature had risen about 15⁰. After a quick lunch I headed upstairs to my office and will remain here until Nancy and I drive to Russo's to purchase some bargain basement wine. After Russo's we will have dinner at Great Lakes Shipping.

We purchased our wine and had an enjoyable dinner at GLS. We both had the prime rib sandwich. I had a Blue Moon and Nancy had a glass of wine. We watched a little TV and headed upstairs at 2100.

No comments: