Tuesday, January 26, 2021

January 25, 2021

 Monday January 25, 2021

Blog time 1500 sitting in office

Up this morning at 0640.  Checked outside and it was cold, mid 20s but not much wind.  No snow today until 2200 tonight and then it will snow for next 24 hours.

Nancy decided today to do her walking at Woodland Mall.  She headed out at 0815.

After my at home calisthenics I headed to Panera.  Bought coffee and a bagel.  Fixed oatmeal to go along with the bagel and coffee.

Today I decided to bike to Y.  In fact the paths were in good enough shape that I added a mile on my ride to Y for a total of 7.

Today the Y had more folks than past Mondays.  The Y also had a large exercise/aerobics class on the basketball court.

I did my calisthenics and a mile walk.  The Y still does not provide towels for showers.  I, like most folks, now shower at home.

Got home about 1115, showered and dressed.  After Nancy and I got in Fusion and headed to Costco. Nancy had to pick up a prescription.  We made no other purchases.  Costco was not crowded.

At home quick lunch before heading downstairs to office.

This and that:

President Biden has lost his “moderate” credentials.  Some of his recent Executive Orders are right out of the far left playbook.  I disagreed with the Keystone pipeline and transgenders in military orders along with EOs dealing with use of Federal lands. I also don’t like his reliance on the Federal Government to solve problems.  The Federal Government compared to other Governmental units is incompetent.  I trust local Government employees more than Feds.

It looks like Panera will open for sit down customers next Monday.  Good news.

I have lost all interest in professional sports.  I don’t know how Mi teams are doing.  I do know the Chiefs and Bucs will meet in Super Bowl.  I won't watch.

How would we cope if the coronavirus pandemic occurred 70 years ago?  I think I would do a lot of reading, take a lot of walks and spent hours listening to the radio.

Several area school systems are talking about declaring tomorrow a snow day.  How can you have a snow day with virtual learning?  

In my entire K-12 school career I think we only had one snow day.  On that day I walked to school and was told to go home.

Heads should roll if the Capital Police told the National Guard to sleep in parking garage.  Another example of the Feds incompetence.

I did find time this afternoon for a short nap.  For dinner I had a bowl of Cheerios with blueberries.  Also split a blueberry muffin with Nancy.

This evening we watched the news until 2000.  We then watched an episode of Grantchester.  Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and finished reading the WSJ.

When checked the front yard at 2200 it was cold but snow had not yet started.  3-5” of snow expected overnight.

Missy FaceTimed us this evening.  She also complained of Biden’s left leaning agenda.  Missy and AJ are doing fine.  


 

No comments: