Friday, January 22, 2021

January 21, 2021

 Thursday January 21, 2021

Blog time 1545 sitting in office.

I set the alarm this morning for 0630.  Nancy has an early eye doctor appointment so she needed time to get ready.

Morning calisthenics before heading to Panera for coffee and a croissant.  It was sunny and 34.

Despite snow on the walks I decided to take my bike this morning.  No problem on my 5 mile ride!

Once again the Y was empty.  Calisthenics and a mile walk before heading home.

Shave and showered and then Nancy and I made a quick trip to Costco for supplies.  Costco was not crowded.

At home I took the Escape to get it washed.  Also got a fill up.  I forgot to check on gas prices.

Lunch and then headed downstairs to office.

This and that:

Checking in on Great Grandfather Sanborn living in Ossineke, Mi.  GGF made no mention of the inauguration of FDR on Jan 20, 1938. Temperature in Ossineke was in 20s all day.  GGF and GGM drove the Hubbard Lake to have dinner with my Scott Grandparents.

President Biden made several environmental executive orders that I did not agree with.  The most important was stopping the Keystone Pipeline.

We now are in the depth of winter with short cold days.  When in the 7th and 8th grade our class would always schedule a January or February sleigh ride. Local farmers would offer the rides.  The sleigh was a converted farm wagon with snow runners instead of wheels.  The sleight was pulled with two teams of horses.  We had thermos bottles of hot cocoa and plenty of wool blankets.  The rides were great fun.  I always wanted to sit next to the cute redhead.

My main winter activities while in school were playing hockey, going to movies, and dances after high school basket ball games.

I finished the afternoon with a short nap.  For dinner Nancy fixed chili and a hot dog.  Chili and hot dogs a great American meal.

Tonight we watched an episode of Republic of Doyle followed by an episode of Whitechapel.

Missy Facetimed this evening.  Everything ok in CA.

It was cold when checked the front yard at 2200.  Noted our garage bird feeder was empty so I filled it.  Wind will increase and temperature will drop this evening.  Wind chills tomorrow morning will be in single digits.  BRR!


 


No comments: