Saturday, January 23, 2021

January 22, 2021

 Friday January 22, 2021

Blog time 1750 sitting in office

It was cold this morning with temperature at 19.  With a brisk wind the wind chill was in single digits.  I don’t ride my bike when temps or wind chills are in single digits.

Nancy also decided no outside walk this morning.  She left home at 0800 and headed to Woodland Mall for a 3 mile walk.

After my at home calisthenics I drove to Panera for coffee and a bagel.  Fixed my oatmeal and had a quiet breakfast.

After breakfast I changed my mind about driving to the Y.  I did my Y calisthenics at home.  I also rowed for 5 minutes.  I like rowing because it gets my heart rate up.  My average heart rate this morning was 136.  I decided that I will add rowing to my morning routine.  My goal will be 10 minutes.  Rowing will replace my mile walk at the Y.

After a shower I drove to Woodland Mall for a short walk.  After the walk I bought a coffee at Starbucks.  I sat at a table and did some reading on my iPad.  I really think that being able to sit and read in Woodland Mall but not in Panera is unfair.

Got home at 1300.  I had a quick lunch and headed down to the office where I remained until dinner.

The WSJ is not giving President Biden high marks for some of his Executive Orders.  I think a lot of EU members are hoping for the best from our new President.  I think he is predictable which is good.  No one could figure out what our former President would do next.

Rep Cheney from Wyoming and our new Rep from West Mi, Peter Meijer, think the President should be impeached.  They are getting major push back from some hard core Trump reps.  I agree with Cheney and Meijer.  If these hardcore Trump folks keep threatening moderates the GOP is dead.  I sure will change my party affiliation from GOP to Independent.  

For dinner tonight Nancy cooked pork chops in the crock pot.  Included in the pot were rice and onions.  Very good.

Tonight we watched a new series on Apple + , Ted Lasso.  Ted Lasso is a USA Football coach who is hired to coach an English Soccer team even though he is totally ignorant of the game.  We watched two episodes and I rated it an A.

Nancy headed to bed and I stayed and watched an episode of Occupied.  It is a Norwegian show.  I am hooked on Scandinavian shows.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  We both gave a weather report.  CA wins.

It was a cold 24 when checked the front yard before turning in.  Temp will drop to low teens tonight.

I just proofed this blog and found five major mistakes.  Is it age or am I typing too fast?


No comments: