Friday, January 15, 2021

January 14, 2021

 Thursday January 14, 2021

Blog time 1800 sitting in office

Up this morning at 0700.  Normal at home calisthenics before heading to Panera for coffee and bagel.  Today I cashed in some rewards so breakfast was free.  At home fixed oatmeal to go alone with my coffee and bagel.

We had some light mist last night that froze and created a thin coat of ice.  I was glad that I had steel studded tires on my bike. No problem on my 5 mile ride to the Y.  

The Y was again nearly empty.  I did some calisthenics and a mile walk.  The temperature was above freezing when I left the Y.  The ice was gone.

Kim cleaned today

This afternoon we are going to Spectrum vaccination center.  Nancy has a 1430 appointment to get her first shot.  I made a quick trip to Meijer’s to get the Escape filled up.  Also bought sub sandwich for lunch.  

At 1330 we drove to the center.  We had heard horror stories about how long the lines were at the center.  I took a paper copy of the GRP to read while Nancy was getting her shot.

However, Surprise! we did not have to wait.  We sat in car until Nancy got a text saying to enter the center.  She spent less than 30 minutes in the center.  Nancy gave the Center high marks for efficiency.

Back at home I took a short nap.  For dinner tonight we had chicken noodle soup.  It was very good.

A lot of news lately about our former Governor Rick Snyder being charged for his handling of the Flint Water problems.  I think it is politically motivated.  The Flint crisis was caused by civil engineers in the DNR failing to demand standard precautions when the City of Flint switched over to river water.  A Governor has to rely on his staff to provide reliable advise.  I do not blame him.  

Listened to President-elect Biden’s coronavirus recovery plan.  Some thing should be done but a trillion dollars is a lot of money.  Meticulous planning must be done so the taxpayer’s don’t get ripped off.  We don’t want prisoners getting millions of dollars in relief like what happened recently in Ca.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed chicken noodle soup.  It was very good.  

Tonight we watched the final episode of season 21, Midsomer Murders.  It was a great series.

It was raining when checked front yard at 2200.  Rain/snow mix predicted for most of tomorrow.

Today we FaceTimed with Melissa and her daughter Akerke.

No comments: