Thursday, August 21, 2014

Wednesday August 20, 2014

Wednesday August 20, 2014 This morning I got up at 0600 and attended Breakfast Club. We had a good turnout. The Speaker today was a local business man who was part of the law suit against the ACA and it’s requirement that business owners must provide birth control pills to female employees. The Speaker, a devout Catholic, said this requirement went against his beliefs. He presented his case well. After the meeting I came home changed clothes and then at 1000 I headed to Dr Yurko’s office. I had a growth on my hand and she peeled it off and sent it to the lab. I will know if the growth is cancerous next week. I stopped at Panera for coffee and to read the WSJ. This afternoon Nancy worked at the Gardens and I took a 70 minute bike ride. I finished the afternoon with a short ride. Nancy got home at 1600 and we immediately got in the Taurus and headed to Nancy’s friend Kathi’s house. We picked up Kathi and headed to Founder’s Brewery downtown. Founder’s introduced a new beer today. The introduction was also a fund raiser for Art Prize. The event was held in Founder’s upstairs meeting room. We listened to presentations and drank the new brew. Snacks were also provided. We sat outside on a beautiful summer’s evening. I had never been to Founder’s and was very impressed. The place is huge and it was very crowded. I did notice that Founder’s attracts a younger crowd. We dropped Kathi off and when we got home watched an episode of House of Cards.

No comments: