Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saturday August 23, 2014

Saturday August 23, 2014 We had another hot humid day. Got up at 0700 and loaded the bike on the C2 and headed to Bill’s for breakfast. I had their super breakfast: eggs, potatoes, sausage and toast. It was great. After breakfast I headed to Riverside Park. Road construction this summer had made getting to the park very difficult. This was my first time on the White Pine Trail this year. I rode to Rockford a distance of 22 miles. It took two hours. The trail was very crowded this morning. The White Pine is one of the most scenic trail I have ridden. I took a quick shower and then a short nap. I was working in the storage room when I noticed water dripping from the main floor. After much prodding Nancy and I determined that the drip was from the refrigerator. The reefer is built into the wall so we could not pull it out. We did find the maintenance manual and determined that the ice maker was the problem. We turned the ice machine off and the dripping stopped. Next week I will have to call the service folks and see what can be done. We continue to move lamps around to get the ideal conditions. This afternoon I moved a lamp from the ground floor to the kitchen and a lamp in the master bedroom to the ground floor bedroom. It was a good move. Ms P is getting old. She does not like to climb stairs. I try everyday to take her on a walk of almost a mile. At her last checkup the Vet said her weight was ok but we must continue walking her. We took a walk this afternoon. Tonight Nancy and I are going to Panera for dinner. I have earned points so we both get a free bowl of soup. Tonight is a Netflix night. Last night we watched a new BBC show called Happy Valley. It is worth a second look. We still get the premier movie channels. Last night I watched parts of “The Heat”. I thought it was crude but funny. I also watched Wolverine and did not like it.

No comments: