Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tuesday April 22, 2014

Tuesday April 22, 2014:: Yes folks today I am 76. Did you know that life expectancy in 1938 was 59.7 years. A new car cost $860 and gas was $0.10 a gallon. Of course the average income was $1,731 per year, $0.85 per hour. Folks born in 1938 are part of the “Silent Generaton”. Today was like most days. I did the at-home thing and then pedaled to MVP for my swim. After temps in the 70s yesterday it was only in the 40s this morning. I had to put on layers for my bike ride. On my way home I stopped at Starbucks in Breton Village for my free birthday coffee. I was half way through the WSJ when I got a call from a plasterer saying he was in our neighborhood and could stop by and give me an estimate for work needed in the upstairs bathroom. I dropped everything and pedaled home. I arrived seconds before the estimator. Nancy continues to clean closets. She is tossing a lot of stuff. April 22, 1938 in Ossineke, Michigan: My Great Grandfather Sanborn wrote that it was Friday and the weather was cold and windy. In the AM he hauled leaves and in the PM he cleaned the chicken coop, 3 loads. His last entry was that Robert Hughes Scott was born. I had a quick lunch and then took a short nap. I did walk Ms P around the block. Tonight we are meeting the Horlings, Karen and Hal, at Reds in Rockford for dinner. After dinner we will stop at Horlings for dessert.

No comments: