Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday February 13, 2013

Every other Wednesday is my easy day. Today I walked to Wolfgang's for breakfast. I had cornbeef hash and eggs. The talk at Wolfgang's was not the SOTU but the UM/MSU game. UM took a drubbing. After breakfast I walked to the 53rd bank in Gas Light Village. I needed some dollar coins. I use the coins for all my coffee purchases and tips. I want the US mint to discontinue the penny and dollar bill. This afternoon Nancy is working at the Gardens. At 1200 I walked to Macatawa Bank on Burton. A nice lady told me about some investments I could make that pay a higher return than CDs. She was really good. Nancy and I will have to decide what to do. When I got home I walked Ms P around the block. My pedometer told me that I walked 8.5 miles today. I took a short nap. It is now 1723 and tonight I am meeting Tom Moleski for beer and pizza. Nancy has book club. I read an article in the e-edition of the GRP. Coke is building a new factory in Coopersville. The contractor needed plumbers and pipe-fitter. They are offering $27 per hour. The business agent for the union says he could not work for the low wage of $27 per hour. A union pipe-fitter gets $48 per hour. If I was an unemployed pipe-fitter I would think that $27 would be a good wage. The sun came out about 1300. The temperature is above 32 and the snow is slowly melting. I got my 30 in today.

No comments: