Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturday February 9, 2013

It was cold and clear last night with temperatures around 9. Nancy got up early and headed to the MAC. I got up at 0700 and walked to the Omelette Shop for breakfast. I had their oatmeal special. It is a beautiful winter's day. Installing democratic governments in the middle east is not easy. This morning I read about the difficulties that Iraq, Tunisia and Egypt are having in creating democratic governments. I think Afghanistan is a basketcase. I would like us to just pack up and leave. I had to get out my atlas to find Mali. I hope the French do not drag us into that mess. When I was just finishing breakfast Nancy called me and let me know that our neighbor, Bob Calloway, just had surgery and could not shovel his walk. I volunteered. Nancy ran to CVS for Bob. It took me less that 30 minutes to finish his walk. Of course I am one of the top five snow shovelers in the world. I talked briefly with Bob and he seem to be making progress. It will take several monthes before he is back to normal. Bob is three weeks older than I am. I spent some time this afternoon catching up on some reading. About 1500 I decided to take a walk. I was almost home when Nancy stopped and asked if I wanted to go with her to Pet Smart. Ms P was in for a hair cut. Pet Smart had about 5 girls cutting and trimming dogs. The place was very crowded. Ms P looks great. For dinner Nancy and I ate at Russ's. I had the hot turkey sandwich and Nancy had a bowl of soup. Today AJ had a birthday party. Nancy just called to see how AJ liked her party. We left a message. It is now 2000 and I am heading downstairs to watch some TV.

No comments: