Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday February 12, 2013

Today is Abe Lincoln's birthday. When I was in grade school we use to cut out profiles of Lincoln's face on black paper and then paste it on a white sheet of paper. I never got a good grade for this exercise. Left handers have a tough time using scissors. I always ate more paste than I put on the paper. I went out with Ms P this morning at 0400. The plows had come through so I had to shovel the snow they piled in the drive. Today is my tri day so after my row I drove to the MAC for my run and swim. I usually buy one lottery ticket for the powerball and mega millions drawings. I usually buy for twenty draws, 10 weeks. I bought the tickets this morning at Breton Village. I also stayed to drink coffee and read the papers. A lot of talk about the President's State of the Union address. The cool folks abbreviate it, POTUS on SOTUA. After a quick lunch I took the Taurus for some errands. I got a new battery for Nancy's cell at the Sprint store and then I got the Taurus washed. Today was a dark gloomy day. The temperature stayed in the 20s. Ms P was getting cabin fever so I walked her around the block. Not all the sidewalks were shoveled making walking difficult. I then took a 1.54 mile walk. I know it was 1.54 miles because my new free pedometer app told me so. I am going to miss NCIS tonight because POTUS is talking. I wonder how many folks will be watching because the UM/MSU basketball game starts at 2100. Who starts a BB game at 2100. 75 years ago My GGF Sanborn was having the same weather as we are having today. GGF drove to Alpena to see his daughter. He also noted that Uncle Guy got two tons of coal. You might ask would GGF listen to the President on his radio. The answer is yes. GGF was very interested in politics. He served two terms in the Michigan Legislature.

No comments: