Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday February 15, 2013

We had a light dusting of snow last night. I had to shovel this morning. We are expecting more snow this evening. However, the sun was out when I drove to the MAC. After the MAC I ended up at Breton Village. I wish the Republicans would quit playng games and confirm Hagel as SecDef. Anyone who thought our involvement in the Middle East was bad cannot be all bad. Speaking of politics, the President during the campaign blasted Romney for having accounts in the Caymans. However, never a word when his nomination for SecTreasury has dealings in the Caymans. Looks like a double standard to me? We had a lot of news about the asteroid coming within 17,000 miles of earth but who was tracking the meteor that hit Russia? Using my iphone I check the weather in Grand Rapids and Alpena, Michigan: San Jose, Long Beach, CA: and Edinburgh, Scotland. Despite the fact that Edinburgh is over 800 miles north of GR it is alway warmer. Must be the Gulf Stream? As soon as I got home Nancy and I got in the Taurus and headed to Costco. We took Ms P. We bought a chicken for dinner tonight. I also bought a bottle of Kirkland wine. For lunch I had a hot dog. Took a 2 miles walk when we got home. It is now 1750 and the sky is clear. Where is the snow? 75 years ago in Ossineke, Mi GGF Sanborn reported that the temperature was 0. GGF worked in the Post Office in the afternoon. We plan on a quiet evening at home. Since I no longer have spell check I have been using the Dictionary that my parents got me in 1956.

No comments: