Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday December 18, 2011

Today is blog number 1,161. I cannot believe that I have kept this up so long. I really enjoy writing. I think that the great enjoyment I got from reading my great-grandfather Sanborn's 1938 diary is giving me incentive. I also enjoyed my grandmother Hughes diary of her 1927 European trip. I hope my great-grand kids will be able to see what life was like in 2011.

The alarm goes off at 0656. We get right up and head to the MAC. Nancy and I had the pool to ourselves for most of our swim. When swimming the crawl (freestyle) I usually breathe every two strokes. I breathe on my left side. I have been told that good swimmers breathe every three strokes and alternate sides. I have been trying the three stroke method with little success. Nancy takes a breath ever four strokes, same side. I have been trying the four stroke method and find that it is easier than 3 strokes. Today using the 4 stroke method I took a minute off my 1500 yard time.

Since we are leaving next week for vacation Nancy said we did not have to go shopping. Instead we went right home after the MAC. I did go to the Kava House to get us some coffee. I also filled up the Taurus. Gas was $3.14. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs with waffles. It was very good.
I took my Sunday nap and after the nap I took a 3 mile walk. It was sunny with the temperature near 40, perfect weather for a walk. We are having soup, butternut squash, and hot dogs for dinner. We will watch 60 minutes and finish the GRP.

It is now 1728 and I am spending time writing this blog. I can't believe that I am not watching the Lions game. It must be part of the aging process.

No comments: