Sunday, December 18, 2011

Saturday December 17, 2011

The alarm goes off at 0630. I get up and tell Nancy it is morning and then I go back to bed. I got up about 0800. It was snowing this morning and we had a dusting of snow on all surfaces. The temperature was 29⁰. I decided to go for a walk. I walked around Reeds Lake and stopped at the Kava House to read my papers and drink coffee. I also had a scone. After the Kava House I walked home. I walked a total of seven miles.

Today I am making our annual contributions to various charities. I have been keeping an excel spreadsheet from past year's contributions so I don't forget or short change anyone. I think it is great that we are fortunate enough to be able to contribute to good causes.

Nancy and I had dinner at Olga's in Gas Light Village. Olga's is never very crowded so we did not have to wait. We watched a movie on TV. It was the sequel to the DeVinci Code. I thought it was better than the first one. I did not go to bed until 2245.

Yesterday I mentioned about my finding a job on the last Friday before Christmas. I also mentioned my future boss, 5'5", 250#, cigar smoking Marv. Marv Nacheim (sp?) was a very interesting person. Marv was born in a German farming community in Oregon. He got a football scholarship to Stanford. Marv was a blocking back in the single wing formation. Marv's football was interrupted by WW II. He was a bomber pilot. Marv was shot down over Germany. He safely parachuted and because he could speak and read German he was able to walk to Holland. The Dutch resistance picked him up and a USA sub eventually picked him up off the Dutch shore. Not many WW II folks left who can tell these stories. Charles McClandess was a great place to work. In fact I modeled my own company after their business plan.

I got my 30 in today. I hope you did too.

No comments: