Saturday, December 24, 2011

Friday December 23, 2011

Friday already! I got up with the 0600 alarm. Today I begin winding down so I will be fresh when we start our trip. I did everything at 2/3. I thought that the streets might be icy this morning but a quick check indicated that they were dry. I got on the retro and pedaled to the MAC. I ended up at the Kava House. Both the WSJ and the DFP had articles on Detroit's money problems. The problem is extremely serious. Detroit has significantly more debt than they have assets. By example, Grand Rapids has $0.35 in debt for every $1 in assets. I also read articles on the problems in Syria and Iraq. The nightly news does not report on these problem areas. Most of NBC's news is now fluff.

I got home before noon a record for me. I just started having lunch when Nancy walked in. She had been to the beauty shop. She really looks good.

Tonight we are going to Great Lakes Shipping and then to Kohl's. Nancy wants me to look at a coffee pot. Ours has been acting up.

At 1700 we got in the Taurus and headed to GLS. The place was jammed. Last minute Christmas parties. We did buy a coffee pot at Kohl's. We ended the evening reading the GRP and watching some news.

No comments: