Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday April 25, 2011

Another rainy day is forecast. Ms P and I went out at 0500 and it had not started to rain. I left for the MAC at 0830 and it still had not rained but I did take my rain pants. Monday is my busy day at the MAC. I did not leave until 1115. It was raining so I put on my rain pants and headed to the Kava House.

I read the WSJ and DFP. The more I read about our President's policies the more I disagree with him. I feel that he is too beholden to the unions. In fact the democrats seem to follow an let-them-eat-cake philosophy for their base. 45% of eligible taxpayers pay no Federal income taxes. I think this is disgraceful. It is every citizens responsibility to pay for his government. In fact it was a former Democratic politician that said every citizen should be willing to do the following three things:
• take up arms during a national emergency.
• pay taxes to support his government.
• vote.

I agree. I would not extend tax breaks for anyone. I am convinced that the tax code should be rewritten. How about just a sales tax that applies to everyone.

I was surprised at how busy the Kava House was. Nearly every table was filled with young folks and their laptops. I asked what gives. I was told this is exam week at several local colleges and everyone was cramming.

After a quick lunch I ran several errands. I stopped by Meijer's to get some travel size shaving cream. toothpaste and mouthwash. Nancy and I are taking a trip to Scotland. I also stopped at Bill and Paul's to get some 10,000 mile underpants.

Tonight the OHNA Street Light Committee was scheduled to meet at our house. Nancy made some cookies and fixed a pot of coffee. The President of the OHNA called an hour before the meeting and said it was cancelled. Too many members bailed out.

We watched the news and read the GRP. Nancy watched House and I came upstairs to finish some packing and also to get caught up on my blog. I think Spring has finally arrived. Most of the trees in the area are starting to show green.

No comments: