Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Monday April 11, 2011

Saturday morning and I pedal to Bill's for breakfast. I had the "Super Special". On my way home I pedaled around Reeds Lake. My total bike ride was 12 miles.

Today Nancy called Apple and was able to get her iMac's video to work. I spent a good part of the afternoon fiddling around. I put together a work bench that I had purchased several years ago. I put my kayak rack on top of the car. And most important I took a nap.

Tonight Nancy and I met the Namey's at Leo's for dinner. Ed Namey's birthday is on the 19th and mine the 22nd. This was a birthday dinner. The food was great and Nancy and I split a super ice cream dessert.

Sunday and the weatherman said it is going to reach 80 degrees. He was right. Nancy and I went swimming and we both swam 1500 yards. At Meijer's I filled the Taurus up and gas was $3.84 per gallon. Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs for breakfast. I took my Sunday afternoon nap.

It was so hot this afternoon that I put all the screens in. We opened windows and doors to let the fresh air in. I also walked to the post office to mail a medical bill. Yes folks even us old folks have to pay something.

Nancy fixed deli meat sandwiches for dinner. It was good. We finished the paper and watched 60 minutes. We also watched a Jesse Stone series on the Hallmark channel. At 2200 we headed to bed. The temperature was still in the 60's.

Monday: The wind started blowing early this morning. We had the windows open and I thought that thunder showers would accompany the high winds. It did not happen. When Ms P and I went out at 0500 the wind was blowing hard but no rain.

Nancy had a hospital board meeting so she did not go to the MAC. I rode my bike and the wind was at my back. I made good time. Monday mornings are always busy for me. I did not leave the MAC until 1130.

No comments: