Friday, May 6, 2022

May 5, 2022

 Thursday May 5, 2022

Blog time 1645 sitting in office.


Up this morning at 0700.  Did my morning routine.  It was sunny with temperature near 40.


Nancy headed out at 0800 for her class at MVP.  Later today Nancy is taking Mary Namey to Orthopaedic Associates to have some minor back surgery.  The procedure will take two hours so Nancy plans on finishing a book.


Most mornings I put my big iPad Pro in my backpack and head to the Y.  However, lately the weight of the iPad and backpack is causing pain in my right shoulder.  Today I took my mini-iPad with a sling backpack.  It made a big difference.


Y was crowded but no delays in getting my routine completed, usually takes 35 minutes.  Put bike clothes back on and headed to Panera.  Left Panera at 1130.  Total bike miles today, 9.5.  


Today we have a scheduled 1300 maintenance check on our AC.  At home took a quick shave and shower.  The maintenance man arrived at exactly 1300.  Filters were changed and AC cleaned and oiled.  Total cost $25 for a filter.


I did take a quick nap this afternoon.  After I continued reading. 


Today I called Carelinc and ordered a 4 wheeled walker.  I need the walker during the recovery from hip surgery.  I will pick up tomorrow.


Nancy lately has been buying black grapes.  They are huge and sweet.  I snack all afternoon.  No wonder I have not lost weight.


Light dinner of coleslaw, pineapple, and toast.  After the dishes I watched the news.  


Tonight as we were starting to watch some streaming TV,  Nancy’s friend Kathy called from Indianapolis.  They talked for over two hours. No TV tonight. I read today’s Grand Rapids Press paper edition and the WSJ while Nancy was on phone.


Checked Courtyard before bed.  Temperature was in 40s.  Rain predicted for later tonight and most of tomorrow.


No comments: