Thursday, May 5, 2022

May 4, 2022

 Tuesday May 4, 2022,  or as some folks would say today is “Star Wars Day”.  May the 4 be with you, get it!


Up this morning at 0645.  I spent a restless night.  My hip pain required an extra dose of Motrin.  


I figured out why the pain. I carried a 30# packet of bottles from the car to basement.  Hip won’t take even light loads.


Nancy left at 0800 for her swim at MVP.


Today is my easy day.  I did all my calisthenics at home, 50%.  Will have breakfast at Panera.  Put on bike clothes and rode 6 miles to Panera.  It was sunny and 46, but wind was strong.


At Panera I had oatmeal with croissant.  Nice and tasty.  Just finished breakfast when Nancy walked in.  We sat and talked.


The Detroit News reported that a Grand Rapids Democrat had easily won a Mi house seat that was normally a safe GOP seat.  The GOP candidate was extreme right wing whose comments on rape, etc turned off everyone.  Even the GOP did not endorse him.  The GOP is self destructing.


Lately I have been getting most of my MI news from Detroit News.  The paper is at the top of morning reading list.  The Grand Rapids Press is useless.


After finishing blogs, email and morning papers I headed home.  Total miles on bike today was 9.5.  Hope when it warms up to increase to 11.


Kim was just finishing cleaning when I got home.  Nancy left at 1230 for her afternoon shift at Meijer Gardens.


Showered before light lunch.   This afternoon if completed my normal Wednesday tasks:


Laundry

Trash

Nap


Nancy got home at 1730.  She said the gardens was busy.


I made a quick trip to D&W to get coleslaw and mini-naan for dinner.  Very light dinner tonight.


Watched the news before switching to Acorn.  We watched two episodes of “Agatha Raisin”.  I think this was the season ending shows.


Missy FaceTimed this evening.  She was asking about a package we sent.  Checked the tracking data and found it was in the process of being delivered.  


Missy was worried about AJs lack of interest in school.  We tried to be encouraging.


Checked the Courtyard just before bed.  Temp was still 50.  Nice bright Crescent moon tonight.

No comments: