Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Tuesday January 24, 2017

Blog time 1145 sitting at Panera.

Got up at 0500, wide awake but too early so I decided to put my head down for an hour. Two hours later I woke up.

Nancy has a morning appointment with our Optometrist. She wants to get a cataract removed. Lots of luck!

I had a quick breakfast, took my steroid pill before heading out. It was damp but mild, high 30s. Dry pavement makes the walk pleasant.

The Y was crowded especially the running track. Today I did the routine at 70%. I still have double vision.

The London papers pushed the unpredictable Trump to the back pages. The decision by the UK Supreme Court to require a legislative vote on BRexit was top story. PM May will visit the USA later this week. I think USA and UK need each other.

What is the matter with the President. He won the election so leave it along. The big stink over the size of the crowd at the Inaugural is not important. President Trump should have spent some time in the Military.

I do agree with the President's action on the proposed petroleum pipe lines. We need cheap energy if we want to manufacture in the USA.

It was a pleasant walk home with temp in the low 40s. Got home grabbed Ms P and continued walking.

Since I have been retired, eight years, this January has been the mildest. I don't think the temp has been below 32 in the past two weeks. I just checked the daily averages for January. The average high is never above 32. The daily average low is in the teens.

Nancy said the eye doctor said she is not ready for cataract surgery. Instead she is getting some glasses for driving.

Spent some time in the office this afternoon doing chores. Finished the afternoon with a nap.

Nancy fixed meat loaf for dinner. It was great.

Read the GRP and watched the news before watching NCIS and Bull on CBS.

No comments: