Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Monday February 21, 2011

At 0430 Ms P and I headed outside. We had about 2" of new snow on the ground. The wind was fierce. While Ms P did her bidness I shoveled two paths down the drive. The snow was heavy. I got up for real at 0645. Nancy asked if I was going to the MAC today and I said no I was taking a snow day. It took Bob and Nancy well over an hour to get the walk shoveled. The hardest part was the section between the walk and street. The EGR plows had really piled up the snow. When we got done I asked Nancy if she wanted to go to Wolfgang's for breakfast. She said yes.

We really had a great breakfast at Wolfgang's. It is more expensive than Bill's or the Brandywine but the portions are bigger and of better quality. Right now I am in my office catching up on some reading and Nancy is downstairs also reading. We are in for the day.

In the afternoon I took a short nap. After the nap I played with the family tree. I am trying to find relatives who could have been involved in the American Revolution. Right now I have three who were the right age. The three are:

Stephen Tucker: b 1732, Woodstock, Connecticut, d Nov 8, 1808
Daniel Hibbard Roberts: b1750, Connecticut, d Mar 4, 1827, Darren, NY
Mark Sanborn: b Mar 4, 1750 Hampton Falls, NH, d Jul 27, 1821, Bath, NH

I think I have some data on Mark Sanborn and Dan Roberts. I will dig this data out and send to Debbie.

Later in the afternoon I got antsy so I walked to the post office to mail a package. Nancy cooked some oatmeal in the crock pot. We had oatmeal for dinner. Slow cooked oatmeal is very good. I mixed the oatmeal with yogurt. We watched the news and read the GRP until 2000. At 2000 we watched House. I think Mr House has grown stale. We were all in bed by 2130. Both Nancy and I enjoyed our snow day.

No comments: