Thursday, February 23, 2023

February 22, 202

 Wednesday February 22, 2023

Blog time 1330 sitting in Sun Room.

Wednesday my easy day.  Slept in until 0730.  Nancy was up earlier getting ready for her Wednesday swim.

Today I wanted the find a small cafe for breakfast.  I drove to Breton Village and found a small cafe which said they serve breakfast and lunch.  

The waitress had difficulty with the language.  She never smiled and was no help with the menu.  Finally I was able to get scrambled eggs with sourdough toast and a middle eastern type salad.  I had to ask for silverware and a napkin.  The food was ok but I will never return.

Still wanted more food and hot coffee and drove to Panera.  Got coffee and a bagel.  The storm is suppose to start at 1000 so I headed straight home.  Nancy soon followed.

This morning I wrote my monthly note to Grandkids.  I still cannot get my printer to work.  Wrote the notes longhand.  

We were scheduled to go out tonight with the Mastens and Vances.  Cancelled because of the rain/snow that lasted until late evening

Walked to post box to mail Grandkids note and then took a long walk around the Big House.

At 1600 tonight Nancy and I will attend a wine party.  We arrived at 1600, about 10 folks were in attendance.  Cook Valley provided the wine free if charge.  Pretty good wine even if it was from a box.

Nancy and I enjoyed this get together.  Friendly conversation.

We had a very light dinner.  Watched the news.  The storm was the big item.  Looks like Michigan is shut down because of the storm.

Tonight we watched another episode of “Bloodlands”.  Great show tomorrow we will watch the final episode.

The snow/rain was still beating on the windows when we turned in.  We might be home bound again tomorrow morning.

No comments: