Friday, February 17, 2023

February 16, 2023

 Thursday February 16, 2023

Up this morning at 0720. The temp was in high 30s and no rain/snow until later.  I will ride bike to MVP.

Nancy headed out early for MVP.  Today is her treadmill/stationary bike day.  I fixed an oatmeal breakfast.  I will bike to MVP but since the cleaning folks will be here when I get back I put my iPad in the Fusion.  When I get back from MVP I will put up bike and then drive to Panera without getting in way of of cleaning crew.

Pleasant bike ride to MVP.  Completed my routine, showered and pedaled home.  It started to snow when I got halfway home.  Parked bike and headed to Panera.

Just got my coffee when Nancy walked in.  We sat and talked over coffee.

Tonight we are going to Trinity’s over 60 dinner at Cascade Roadhouse.

This and that:

Called my Sister, Helen, yesterday.  The news said some of Tucson was shut down because of a toxic spill.  Helen said it did not impact her.

President Biden gets poor marks for his handling of the flying balloons and Ukraine.  He should make getting Abrams tanks a first priority.

It started to snow about 1400.  The storm got stronger and stronger.  In late afternoon we got a message from Trinity that the over 60s dinner has been canceled.  The roads are in bad shape.

So what did I do after the dinner cancellation.  Took a nap.  

If I had been thinking clearer we would have gone Cook Valleys cocktail hour between 1700 and 1800.  Instead I napped.

It is now 1800 and Nancy is fixing me a Lean Cuisine meat loaf dinner.  The Lean Cuisine dinners are tasty and not too filling.  

Missy FaceTimed tonight and we brought her up to date.  

For our viewing we watched an episode of “The Brokenwood Mysteries”.  I slept through most of the show.  I think the reason fall sleep most evenings is because I put a warm blanket over me.  The warmth of the blanket puts me right to sleep.

It was still snowing when checked out the window before bed.  Temps will drop to teens this evening.  No bike ride tomorrow.


No comments: