Sunday, February 12, 2023

February 11, 2023

 Saturday February 11, 2023

Blog time 1100 sitting in office.

Up this morning at 0700.  The temperature was 27.  Today will be sunny with high temp in 40s.  

First thing, we spent some time changing sheets.  It is a pain.  Maybe we can bribe the cleaning crew to change our sheets every two weeks.  We miss Kim.

This morning we drove to “The Gathering Place for Breakfast”.  We had our usual order.  

Nancy had a Western Omelette and raisin toast.  I had oatmeal with scrambled egg and raisin toast.  As always the food was great.  We were surprised the place was not crowded.

After breakfast we took a short drive.  We did stop at Panera to get our free coffee.  Panera was empty.  Is it the economy that is keeping folks from eating out?

Sister, Helen, has been sending photos of Grandson Andrew Short recovering from a bad motorcycle crash.  He looks in great pain.  Nancy and I are praying for a safe and speedy recovery.

As soon as we got home Nancy started the laundry.  I took an hour bike ride.  We have no snow on the ground so the ride was easy.

Shaved and showered after the ride.  Finished the afternoon with a short nap.

Nancy fixed tomato soup for dinner.  Campbell’s soup is great.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed.  I have some memory issues with who exactly called.  I should keep paper and pencil close by so I can write down things I want in my blog.  If I wait a day my memory is fuzzy.

Fuzzy thinking by our state Government!  Single folks will get get a $180 tax refund.  Couples who file jointly will also get $180. In other words I will get $90.  Penalty for folks filing a joint return.

Tonight we watched episode 1 of Bloodlands on Acorn.  It was good.  

Looked out window before bed. All clear.  Temp will drop to high 20s tonight.  Tomorrow will be sunny with high temp in 40s.


No comments: