Tuesday, February 22, 2022

February 21, 2022

 Monday February 21, 2022

Up this morning at 0645.  Temperature was in mid 30s.  The weather folks say high of 41 today with rain tonight.

Today is President’s Day.  The schools, banks are closed today. Also no mail.

Today is Nancy’s swim day at MVP.  I did the at home calisthenics before my oatmeal breakfast.  Dressed and headed to Y.  

With many offices and schools closed today the Y was crowded. Calisthenics and 15 minutes on stationary bike before showering.  Dressed and headed to Panera.

Bought coffee and baguette before starting morning read.  First thing, I checked the Detroit News for an article about yesterday’s Michigan vs Wisconsin BB game.  Michigan’s coach Howard lost his cool and became physical after the game.  The News thinks that Howard should be suspended or fired.  I think fired.

Headed home at noon.  At home I dropped off my gym clothes.  

I have major league Spring Fever.  I took the bike seat post off my Cannondale bike. This bike has steel studded tire so I can ride it on late winter days when most snow is gone.  I have more control of my bike when my feet easily reach the ground. I will take the seat post to ACE Hardware and see if they can cut 1.5” off the post.

First stop before ACE was Macatawa Bank.  I was surprised that it was open.  I got money for Kim who cleans on Thursday.

Showed my bike post to the ACE man and asked if he could remove 1.5”.  His reply was no problem. 5 minutes later he had the project done.  It cost me $1.50.

At home I put the shortened post on the bike and took it for a spin.  Perfect!

Before lunch I filled the bird feeders.  Put out corn for deer and picked up cobs.

Lunch and then headed down to office.  Spent the afternoon cleaning up.  I also ordered license tags for the Focus and Escape.

Before dinner I walked to post box to mail the license application. 

Dinner tonight was Cheerios with blackberries and toast w/peanut butter.  Nothing like Cheerios and peanut butter.  American staples.

Both Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  Missy had just arrived home from her weekend visit with Debbie. 

Tonight we watched a very old British mystery about a Grandmother who works as a private detective.  Not very good.

Usually I comment on my late evening check of the Courtyard.  I usually see nothing.  Tonight when I checked I encountered five deer not more that 20 feet from me.  Made my day.



No comments: