Sunday, February 20, 2022

February 19, 2022

 Saturday February 19, 2022

Up this morning at 0730.  It was 12 degrees with high winds making the wind chill -7. 

We had about 1” of new snow last night.  I cleaned snow off bird feeders and replenished seed.

Our Condo snow crew had just finished cleaning the walks and drive when we left house at 0730.

We drove to “The Gathering Place” for our breakfast.  Oatmeal for me and Western Omelette for Nancy.  We also had raisin toast.  As always the restaurant was warm and cozy.

After breakfast we took a ride through our winter wonderland.  We have had several sunny days.  We ended up at Rivertown Mall.  Nancy bought a sweatshirt at Kohls and I bought lined pants at Eddie Bauer.

On way home we stopped at the strip mall at end of 28th Street.  I visited the Chow Hound and bought more birdseed.  Nancy bought several items at Dollar Tree.

Finished Saturday’s outing by filling up the Escape at Meijer’s.  Gas was $3.34.

Because of high winds making wind chill in the teens I stayed inside the rest of the day.  We have been having high winds almost daily. 

After a quick lunch I spent time in office trying to clear my desk.  I was unsuccessful.  

Finished the afternoon with a nap.

This evening I had a very light dinner.  Yogurt with a pice of toast.

We watched the news and then switched to Acorn.  Watched two episodes of “The Queens of Mystery”.

Checked Courtyard at 2200.  No deer tracks were seen so today’s corn will remain uneaten. 

This and that:

We had not heard from Missy in several days so I FaceTimed her.  Much to my surprise she was visiting Debbie.  Great to see the family together.

We have not watched any of NBC’s coverage of the Olympics.

The Ukraine dominates our news.  I hope President Biden does not let Putin push him around.

More and more schools are getting rid of mask mandates.  Good news.




No comments: