Saturday, July 24, 2021

July 23, 2021

 Friday July 23, 2021

Blog time 1100 at Panera

Boy! Did it rain last night.  It started at 0300 and was still raining hard when I left at 0800.

We got up with the 0615 alarm.  Nancy has two early classes at MVP.  I do my chin-ups and pull-ups before my normal breakfast of oatmeal with banana.

This morning because of the rain I will do my calisthenics at the Y.  Noted when I arrived that the Y was nearly empty.  

I did my calisthenics and rowed 1,000 meters.  Also walked 1/2 mile.  Showered and drove to Panera.

Today is Mary Namey’s birthday so Nancy is taking her to lunch. They are going to the Cork.  They plan on sitting outside.

Today’s Alpena News had an article on the opening of a time capsule from Alpena Catholic Central High School.  Catholic Central has been closed for several decades.  

Attending the Ceremony were many graduates from the 50s.  I recognized several old neighbors.  

The design and building of Catholic Central is an interesting story.  My Dad’s firm badly wanted the design work.  However, even though Scott Engineering was a local firm my Dad was not Catholic.  To solve this problem my Dad teamed up with an Architectural firm out of Bay City.  Paul Brysalbutt (sp) the owner was a graduate of Notre Dame.  Everything worked well. I was surprised that the cost of the School was less than $400,00.

The rain has stopped when I headed home at noon.  As soon as I got home I put on my bike clothes and took an 8 mile ride. 

Lunch and then took a short nap.  After the nap I spent some time reading.

For dinner tonight I drove to Panera and bought a bowl of Summer Corn Chowder.  The building was locked up so I had to use the Drive Thru.

For dinner in addition to the Corn Chowder Nancy fixed me a bowl of fresh MI blueberries.  I finished dinner with two oatmeal cookies.  Because of a heavy lunch, Nancy just had a piece of toast.

We did not watch any news tonight.  Started the evening watching episode 1, Season 2 of Ted Lasso on Apple +.  It was good.

Finished the evening watching an episode of New Tricks.  We have 4 seasons of viewing left.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  She had a busy week and said she would just relax this weekend.

Missy and AJ continue to send photos of their East Coast trip.  Looks like they are having a great time.

Checked courtyard at 2130.  Everything ok.  I was in bed at 2200 which is early for me.



No comments: