Friday, July 23, 2021

July 22, 2021

 Thursday July 22, 2021

Blog time 1120 at Panera

Up this morning at 0630.  It was cloudy with temperature of 56.

Nancy will go swimming this morning.  She has to take the Fusion because I will be taking the Escape to Ford Garage for repairs.

Calisthenics at home and then put my single speed in the Escape and drove to Fox Ford.  My plan was to leave the Escape and ride the single speed home.

The mechanic at Fox looked at the front end of the Escape.  :Bottom line he said if all our electronics including AC are working the repairs would be cosmetic.  He actually talked me out of a $1,000 repair.  

Happily, I accepted his recommendation and drove home.  Nancy had already left for her morning swim.  I grabbed my iPad stuffed it in backpack and pedaled to Panera.

Nancy stopped at Panera for her morning coffee.  She sat with me as I told her the news on the Escape. She was happy.

Between 1200 and 1400 Fish Window Cleaning is going to clean the condos window.  I got home at 1200 and Fish was already cleaning the windows.  Four folks were on the cleaning crew.  They finished all our windows, inside and out, in 90 minutes.  I was surprised that the cost was the same as the past two years.  They did a great job.

I have finally concluded that our water problem is not caused by a faulty sewer.  After my shower I let the water run for an hour to see if we get any leakage.  No leakage was noted.  

Made a quick run to Meijer’s to fill up the Escape.  Also bought a box of mini naans.  

Late lunch and then headed downstairs to check accounts.  Our financial advisor called and recommended we buy a Pfizer spin off.  I authorized this small purchase.

For dinner tonight Nancy and I drove to Cascade Roadhouse.  We arrived at 1700 and were immediately able to get a table outside.  Timing is everything.  I had beef dip sandwich and Nancy had a pasta dish.  We gave the food high marks.

This and that:

The new strain of coronavirus has many folks worried.  I still don’t understand why several of our senior friends refuse to get the Vaccine.  

The news media is handling President Biden with kid gloves.  The hysteria associated with actions taken by President Trump is gone.  This is good.

I do not give President Biden high marks for many of his decisions.  

I have no interest in the Olympics or for that matter any sports.

Tonight Nancy and I watched an episode of Death in Paradise.  After the show I checked the front yard and headed to bed. 

Lately my bedtime has been 2200 instead of 2300.  

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  We gave a positive report.


No comments: