Wednesday, July 14, 2021

July 13, 2021

Tuesday July 13, 2021

Blog time noon at Panera

Up this morning at 0645.  Looked outside and saw puddles so I knew we had a shower last night.  Neither of us heard it rain.

Nancy is swimming this morning.  She left home at 0800.  I stayed home and did calisthenics.  Slowly I am getting back to 100%.  This morning I was at 80%.

Breakfast and then headed out on my morning bike ride.  Today I will not stop at Panera but complete the ride, shower and then drive to Panera.  

Today I took 40 year old single speed bike.  I like the bike’s geometry and handling.  The route I use does not have many hills so pedaling is easy.  I rode 10.5 miles.

At home I showered and shaved.  Drove the Fusion to Panera.

While at Panera it started to rain hard.  Glad I did not take bike.

It is now 1230 and I am heading to Meijer’s. It being the 13th I will buy a lottery ticket.

Nancy this noon is having lunch with friends.  This evening we are having dinner at Mary Namey’s.  Some of Mary’s family is visiting from Virginia.

Lunch and then spent time in office reading.  No nap this afternoon. Nancy and I did make a short trip to our banks. 

At 1700 we drove to Mary Namey’s for dinner.  Mary’s daughter-in-law was visiting.  She is also a Mary Namey.  In fact it was young Mary who prepared the dinner.

Linda and Tom Moleski, and Judith Collier from Book Club were also in attendance.  The food was great as was the conversation.  The one thing I noted was no cell phones were visible.  We left for home at 2130.  A very pleasant evening.

No TV tonight.  As soon as we got home I checked the front yard and headed straight to bed.


No comments: