Thursday, July 15, 2021

July 14, 2021

 Wednesday July 14, 2021

Blog time 1630 sitting in office.

Today is Breakfast Club Wednesday. Up with alarm at 0530.  Performed some calisthenics and then got dressed and headed downtown to the University Club.  The meeting started at 0700.

Great turnout today.  The breakfast food was great.  It is served Buffet style.

The speaker today canceled at the last minute.  However, the substitute was great.  I can’t remember her name but she is head of the GR Real Estate Brokers and also is a real estate agent.  She talked about the current confusing real estate market and explained all the problems and eventual solutions.  Excellent talk.

At home I finished calisthenics.  Today is my easy day so the calisthenics were at 50% as was my bike ride.

After the ride I showered and drove to Panera for coffee and some reading.  Not much news that I want to comment on except my ex Navy friends are disappointed in the sorry state of readiness for our Navy.  Risk adverse, top down management that takes front line Captains out of the loop.  No mistakes allowed, the top brass says One and Done.  This is stupid several famous WWII Admirals made mistakes early in their careers and were forgiven.

The Navy is up to date on diversity and other woke programs but their ship handling skills are horrible.  We hope the recent report is a wake up call.

At home I had a quick lunch.  Being Wednesday I did a load of laundry and took out the trash.  Also had time for nap.

It is now 1700 and Nancy just got back from her shift at the Gardens.  She said they were not very busy.

We had our normal Wednesday cereal dinner with a great bowl of fresh Mi fruit.  Fruit this time of year is great.

Watched the News and then switched to BritBox.  Tonight we watched a 1981 UK cop show set in Jersey.  It stars John Nettles from MidSomer.  We gave it a B-.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  She said that she had ordered a new iPad Pro for me.  I replied the check is in the mail.  

It was muggy when checked front yard at 2200.  Rain predicted for tomorrow.

No comments: