Monday, April 9, 2018

Sunday April 8, 2018

Weekend Update;

Saturday April 7, 2018

Blog time 1550 sitting in den

The sun was up but it was cold, 21, when first went out this morning.  Luckily we had little wind.  Nancy and I walked to Panera for our Saturday breakfast.  

At home Nancy started the laundry and I put on my bike clothes and headed out for a ride.  The wind had picked up so I shortened my intended ride to 11 miles.  I did see one doe with her young fawn on my ride this morning that alone made the ride a success.  As soon as I got home I took a hot shower and then turned on my electric blanket and spent 30 minutes warming up.

I had a quick lunch.  This afternoon I will read the papers and then work on some family history.   

I started with the Alpena News and found out Alpena High this weekend is hosting a Robotics contest called Bots on the Bay.  Over 1,000 students from 40 schools are in attendance.  It looks interesting.

Everyone in MI is talking about our recent spat of cold and snow.  Temps will not get above freezing today.  Looking at the long range forecast it looks like this will be our last day where temps will be below freezing all day.

For dinner Nancy fixed chicken noodle soup with veggies.  I also cut myself a slice a Irish soda bread.  I love this bread, probably because it is loaded with sugar.  The package did not list any food values.  Is this legal?

After dinner I took a walk around the block.  Tonight we watched an episode of Murder in Suburbia followed by Bosch.

Debbie FaceTimed us tonight.  Nancy gave her an update on the Century Ave Antique stores we visited yesterday.  Everything is up to date in San Jose.

Sunday April 8, 2018

Blog started Sunday sitting at dining room table.
The alarm went off at 0616 and I immediately took Ms P out.  It was 18 but the sun was beginning to show in the east.  Temp might reach 40 this afternoon.

I had quick breakfast and then Nancy and I headed to the Y.  Nancy swam and I did light calisthenics and some stretches.  I did trying running but only got a short distance before my hip told me to stop. 

Headed straight home to get ready for the 1000 service at Trinity Lutheran.  On our way a wild turkey ran across the road.  First turkey we have seen in the neighborhood this year.  Good sign.

Pastor Bob commented on the large crowd this morning.  He said historically attendance falls sharply after Easter.

Stopped at Meijer’s for supplies and gas.  Gas was $2.74 today.  

Before lunch I took a walk around the block.  I am always amazed how quiet the neighborhood is on Sunday.  Lunch and then read a few sections of the paper before taking a nap.

After the nap Nancy and I took Ms P on a short walk.  On these cold days she will only walk outside if both of us accompany her.

I pumped up the tires on my San Jose bike and took a short ride around the   neighborhood.  Tonight Nancy if fixing her world famous scrambled eggs with bacon.  I will have mine with some Irish soda bread.

This evening I finished reading the GRP and watched 60 Minutes.  At 2000 we watched an episode of Murder in Suburbia.  Nancy headed to bed at 2100 and I watched an episode of Babylon Berlin before turning in.  






No comments: