Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tuesday February 10, 2015

Tuesday February 10, 2015 Alarm off at 0630, swim day for Bob and Nancy. Nancy leaves at 0700 and I stay home and do the calisthenics. Breakfast and then I drive to Panera for coffee. Today for the first time I use ApplePay on my phone. It is slick. Greece and Ukraine dominates the news. I left at 0930 and drove to MVP. I got to the pool early so I had to wait about 5 minutes for a class to end. I ended up swimming 30 minutes. The pool was cool so I spent a lot of time under the hot shower getting warm. My weight seems to have bottomed out. Today it was 143. I had not quite finished the WSJ so I stopped at Starbucks. The Starbucks I go to Is on 28th Street by Costco. The place is never full but they do a great drive thru business. I called the plaster repair company and they are coming tomorrow afternoon. I got home before my lunch time so I walked around the block. It was cold this morning, 9, but on my walk I had bright sun with temperature about 18. After lunch I took a nap. It is now 1636 and after I finish this blog I will take another short walk. I am reverting to my youth. I cannot sit still or concentrate. Walking or riding my bike seem to settle me down. This is the time of year when I do some family research. I found a post card that I wrote to my Sister in February, 1961. I addressed it to Miss Helen Scott, Albion College. Ms was not yet invented. It cost 4 cents to mail. I told her I started work last week and had just moved into an apartment. The apartment was at 194 East Grand Blvd, Detroit. East Grand Blvd ran into Belle Isle Park about a block away. I worked in downtown Detroit and I walked down Jefferson Ave to work. I did not have a car. The apartment cost $45 a month. I made $520 a month. I told Helen I might go in the Navy in May. I was waiting for a waiver because I wore glasses.

No comments: