Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday February 13, 2015

Friday February 13, 2015 The alarm goes off at 0600. The Plasterer is coming at 0800. I do the routine plus a 12 minutes row, eat breakfast, shower and dress by 0755. The Plasterer arrives at 0800. It takes him about 90 minutes to sand all the patched areas. Good job and I was surprised at how reasonable it was. I did a load of laundry while waiting for the Plasterer to finish. Nancy attended at class at MVP and she got home at 0930. She has a lunch meeting at Roses with a friend from the gift shop at noon. I walked to Starbucks for coffee. Starbuck is about 1.8 miles from the condo. The temperature was in the teens with winds above 15. I was properly dressed so no discomfort. The Ukraine dominated the news. I say let the Europeans handle all the dealings with Russia. What is our interest? I did not want to do a late afternoon walk so I took a long detour on my way home. I wanted to walk until my fitbit went off. It went off just as I got home. Fitbit said I walked a little over 10,000 steps, 4.7 miles. I think the 4.7 miles was pretty accurate. On most week days I have lunch about 1330. Today was no exception. My weekday lunch consists of yogurt, hard boiled egg, apple and cheese. Nancy got home about 1400 and said she was in for the day. She changed clothes. I took a nap and then decided I was also in for the day so I put on my night time clothes. It is a typical mid winter day. It is now 1745 and I have spent the last hour catching up on some reading. I did pour a glass of scotch. We will finish the beans and rice for dinner. Nancy has fixed some sugarfree chocolate pudding for dessert. It will be a netflix evening. I checked my GGF Sanborn’s diary for this day. In 1938 most homes in NE MI were heated with coal. Coal was dirty and required continual stoking. The ash had to be removed daily. It was my job to fill the furnace and take out the ashes. I hated coal. On this day GGF got two tons of coal delivered. The Sanborn’s were homebound because of the weather. They read the Saturday Evening Post and listened to the radio.

No comments: