Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sunday February 8, 2015

Weekend Update, Sunday February 8, 2015 Saturday was an easy day. I slept in until 0700. I walked to Sundance Grill for breakfast. Saw an article that the Powerball lottery was up to 380M so after breakfast I walked to Meijer’s and bought a ticket. Just checked and no winners. Jackpot up to $450M. When I got home I started filling the Cobalt with all the lighting fixtures that we were going to trash. I decided to take them to Goodwill. I headed out to run errands. First stop was the Lighting Center. I bought a long stem flood for the track fixture. At Gazelle Sports and bought a swim nose plug. Goodwill gladly took the light fixtures. Next stop was Woodland Mall. I bought a high visibility jacket worn by utility workers who work in high traffic areas. When I walk around our block I have to walk in the street so I want motorists to see me. Last stop was Play It Again Sports to see if they had any used snowshoes for sale. No Luck. Took a short nap and then finished the afternoon with a short walk. Nancy and I had dinner at Brann’s. The place was jammed. I think most folks are having Cabin Fever. We watched the third of four episodes of a British Crime show on Netflix. We had a nice talk with Debbie on FaceTime. The temperature was near 32 all day. Sunday February 8: the alarm goes off at 0700. Today is our swim day at MVP. The club opens at 0800 and we were in the pool by 0805. Every lane was full but luckily we did not have to share a lane. We stopped at Meijer’s for our weekly supplies. For the second week in a row it cost less than $20 to fill the Taurus. A month ago I had several fillups over $40. I agree low gas prices are a middle class tax break. Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs this morning. I had mine on a waffle. (with sugarless syrup) Read the sports and funnies before taking my Sunday nap. The news networks are making a big deal over Brian William’s big fib. I really don’t like their gloating. TV News is big business and I think generally drama over shadows objectivity. Nancy drove to a Talbot’s sale. After the nap I took Ms P on a short walk. I then took a 2.5 miles walk. It was 32 degrees, misty with 15 mph wind. I would rather take a winter’s walk on a sunny 16 degree day with no wind. Chicken noodle soup and ham sandwiches for dinner tonight. We will watch 60 Minutes and the last episode of the British Crime show.

No comments: