Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday February 16, 2015

Monday February 16, 2015 Another cold morning, 0 at 0700. Sunshine and little wind are scheduled for today. In fact that is what we had. No swim today, I did my calisthenics and rowed for my aerobics. After a shower and breakfast I did a load of laundry. I was out of long underwear. Kim came today to clean. Nancy headed out early for a class at MVP and then a doctor’s appointment. I bundled up and walked to Starbucks. Cascade Township does a great job plowing sidewalks. It was a no hassle walk. No WSJ today because of President’s day. I wanted to read a national newspaper so I checked the New York Times. Did you know that you can download just today’s paper and do not have to subscribe for a month? That is what I did and it cost $0.99, cheaper than the paper edition. The NYT does not have much of a business section but their world news was first class. As has been my custom lately I took a detour on my way home. I wanted to walk until my fitbit went off (about 4.5 miles). Although it was cold the bright sun and new snow made the walk very pleasant. I checked the mineral block I sat outside for deer. It has been about a month but the deer have finally found it. Kim was still cleaning when I got home so I decided to take the Cobalt for gas. On these cold days it is good to have a full tank to prevent condensation. I have hardly used the Cobalt this winter so I decided to take a drive on the freeway. I drove hard for 33 miles. The battery should now be fully charged. I did take a nap and then started working in my office. I have my electric heater on full blast. Without the heater the downstairs is about 5 degrees colder that the main floor. It is now 1755 and as soon as I finish this blog I am heading upstairs for dinner. I think it will be a netflix evening. I started reading U S Grant’s autobiography last night. It is pretty good. I just checked GGF Sanborn’s diary and found that it was cold, 10, in Ossineke on this date in 1938. He stayed inside all day until he and GGM attended an evening church dinner.

No comments: